Experienced Electrical Engineer
- Degree from an ABET accredited Electrical Engineering, Construction Engineering (Electrical Emphasis) or Architectural Engineering (Electrical Emphasis) program.
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a consulting engineer or design/build engineer. Healthcare design experience is a plus.
- Professional Engineering license preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft and Autodesk (Revit) software.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills and work ethic.
- Experience in a Windows-based environment; working knowledge of Microsoft Office software products including spreadsheets, email, and web-enabled applications.
- Knowledge and mastery of materials, methods, and tools used in the production of technical plans and specifications used for construction.
- Knowledge of materials, methods and tools used in the construction of electrical systems in commercial, institutional, and industrial buildings.
- Proven leadership ability
Responsibilities will vary based on experience level and may include:
- Complete electrical design for assigned projects.
- Adept at conceptual design and ability to make major design decisions independently.
- Proven ability to plan work, assign duties to junior staff, and to manage assigned budget.
- Proven ability to work on a multi-discipline team, including architectural structural, mechanical, technology as well as equipment suppliers and other consultants.
- Maintain project design notebook and other permanent project documentation.
- Review correspondence and design notes and calculations prepared by junior staff.
- Works with the Electrical Department Manager on project staffing requirements and training needs.
- Attends project meetings and completes meeting minutes. Also assigns junior staff to attend meetings and provides mentoring and oversite.
- Assists in quality control management, including project checking (both formal and informal).
- Active client relationship management, including preparation of proposals and presentations.
- Identifies prospective clients, assists in business development efforts to develop new clients, and develops future projects with existing clients.